Check your HVAC San Diego!
Check your HVAC San Diego! With temperatures in the 60’s, our air conditioning might not be priority. Check your AC before summer comes San Diego! No one wants to be stuck in a hot house while your AC gets fixed. The school year is ending soon! Your home will be buzzing with family and friends. Get your home ready for of all those BBQ’s, pool parties and sleep overs!
There are hundreds of reasons your AC might be malfunctioning. But there are 5 reasons that are fairly common. Knowing what they are might help you understand what technicians are referring to when they diagnose the problem. Below is a list of the 5 most common AC problems according to serviceexperts.com:
- Look out for faulty wiring. Bad wiring from previous contractors can pose a fire hazard and prevent the system from getting power.
- There refrigerant might be low. (AKA Freon) This chemical cools the air that passes through the AC unit. If the refrigerant needs to be refilled, there is probably a leak. These leaks should be located and repaired immediately.
- Outside fan may not be working. This fan moves hot air in your home to the outside. If this doesn’t happen correctly, the AC compressor may overheat and cause internal damage.
- The outside unit is not functional. This means there is a lack of power or a faulty thermostat.
- The coil might be frozen. A frozen coil indicates a lack of air flow. This may be caused by dirty air filters or other obstructions.
After reviewing these issues you might need to schedule an HVAC inspection! Call Economy Plumbing and HVAC! We serve both the Temecula areas and San Diego North County. We provide full-service commercial, industrial and residential repairs, maintenance and system installation. We’ll be waiting for your call!
For Temecula and Murrieta residents, call (951) 694-6653.
For San Diego residents call (760) 480-0765.